This deliciously easy stew can be made ahead a time and then re-heated for you or your guests. Enjoy with a bold red wine and a main course of grilled or roasted meat for a hearty Spanish meal.
- 100 grams Fermin 24-month Jamon Serrano, price chopped in to medium sized pieces
- 1 tbsp Olmeda Spanish Smoked Paprika
- 225 g of dried green lentils
- 1 head of garlic, pills peeled and finely chopped
- 1 medium red onion, ambulance finely chopped
- 2 large ripe tomatoes, peeled and roughly chopped
- 150 ml of dry white wine
- 6 tbsp of extra vigin olive oil
- 1 tbsp flat-leaf parsley finely chopped
- 2 large carrots finely chopped
- salt and black pepper for seasoning
- Rinse lentils in cold water. Place in a medium saucepan and add enough water to cover them by 2 inches. Bring lentils to a boil and reduce heat to let them simmer for 30 minutes or until tender. Drain and set some of the cooking liquid aside.
- Slowly soften the garlic, onion and carrots in a pan over medium heat with the olive oil. When golden and soft add the Serrano Ham and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Add the Olmeda Spanish Paprika, tomatoes and wine to the vegetables. Then bring everything to a simmer until the mixture cooks to a thick and flavourful sauce.
- Stir the lentils in to the sauce, adding the reserved cooking liquid if needed. Cook for a further 5 minutes to bind everything and concentrate its delicious flavours. Season with salt, pepper and the chopped parsley. Enjoy!