This deliciously easy stew can be made ahead a time and then re-heated for you or your guests. Enjoy with a bold red wine and a main course of grilled or roasted meat for a hearty Spanish meal.
- 100 grams Fermin 24-month Jamon Serrano, chopped in to medium sized pieces
- 1 tbsp Fuente Spanish Smoked Paprika
- 225 g of dried green lentils
- 1 head of garlic, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 medium red onion, finely chopped
- 2 large ripe tomatoes, peeled and roughly chopped
- 150 ml of dry white wine
- 6 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp flat-leaf parsley finely chopped
- 2 large carrots finely chopped
- salt and black pepper for seasoning
Rinse lentils in cold water. Place in a medium saucepan and add enough water to cover them by 2 inches. Bring lentils to a boil and reduce heat to let them simmer for 30 minutes or until tender. Drain and set some of the cooking liquid aside. Slowly soften the garlic, onion and carrots in a pan over medium heat with the olive oil. When golden and soft add the Fermin Serrano Ham and cook for another 5 minutes. Add the Fuente Spanish Paprika, tomatoes and wine to the vegetables. Then bring everything to a simmer until the mixture cooks to a thick and flavourful sauce. Stir the lentils in to the sauce, adding the reserved cooking liquid if needed. Cook for a further 5 minutes to bind everything and concentrate its delicious flavours. Season with salt, pepper and the finely chopped parsley. Enjoy!